Department of Informatics and software Engineering
The department of Informatics and software engineering is part of the Faculty of Engineering College in Cihan University. Since its establishment in 2021 the department sought to achieve excellent in all areas. The department role focus on applying the principles of engineering to software development includes analyzing and modifying existing software as well as designing, constructing and testing end-user applications that meet user needs all through software programming languages. The role of the department also focuses on the complex and large software systems that make up the core systems for an organization. There are many roles under the umbrella of software engineering, but the two main ones are Applications Software Developer and Systems Software Developer. Software engineers also tend to specialize in specific areas including databases, cloud, or operating systems such as iOS and Android.
Our mission is to prepare students for successful careers in informatics & software engineering and graduate with a thorough understanding of software engineering and experiential learning opportunities to apply that knowledge to solve real-world problems.
Our Software Engineering student will get good ability to work in local and international markets with highly qualified competitive IT personnel as well as prepare students for postgraduate studies and exploring research opportunities. In informatics and software engineering programmer, we aim to ensure that after the completion of the academic programmer, the graduates are fully equipped with knowledge required for their future careers, their self-improvement, and serving their communities.
- Intelligent system design and maintenance
- Data visualization design and updating
- Applications developer
- Cyber security analyst
- Game developer
- Information systems manager
- IT consultant
- Multimedia programmer
- Web developer
- Web designer
- Network engineer
- IOT system designer
The Department's Vision is to enable sustainable development of global human society through learning of software engineering knowledge, principles and best practices. Through our educational programs, our research and our service to the community, we seek to empower individuals and organizations to improve the quality of life for people around the globe through the application of computing and information technologies.
- Graduates are applying acquired knowledge of Informatics Software Engineering in support of academia and the industry.
- Graduates make notable contributions to Data analysis and demonstrate the results.
- Graduates make notable contributions to the development of Software Engineering field and practices with Innovation, Research and Development.
- Graduates are conducting themselves to high standards professionally and ethically as representatives and leaders in the Software Engineering and IT industry.
- Graduates are progressing well in their careers and are engaged in life-long learning via professional development and further studies
Student Learning Outcomes
- Study and Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of software engineering and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, evaluate, verify, and manage a software solution to meet a given set of software requirements.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in software engineering practice based on legal and ethical principles
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate scientific quantitative skills, such as the ability to conduct simple data analyses.
- Use appropriate software engineering methodologies, methods, and tools for producing complex software systems with best quality standards
Meet Our Team
Best Team in the Region
News & Activities
Participation of students and the head of the Software and Informatics Engineering Department in the Asia Cell event
On Thursday 7/12/2023 The Head of the Software and...
In celebration of International Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the...