The Department of Public Administration is one of the main departments of the Faculty of Administrative and Financial Sciences at Cihan University – Erbil. As the current phase of the 2018/2019 academic year is nearing completion, it is useful to review the activities and achievements of this department and to document lessons learned that can help enrich future programs for the development of higher education. The students of the Department of Public Administration from different academic stages have participated in various academic, cultural and social activities which can be summarized as follows:
- The students have participated in many academic and scientific visits to government institutions and private sector institutions such as visiting companies, factories, and hospitals to learn about the latest scientific developments in the field of the labor market.
- The students have participated in many cultural activities inside and outside the university. Moreover one of the students of the department had won the gold medal of the International Kung Fu sport Championship held in Iran.
- The students have also participated in many social activities such as the day of the Kurdish dress and they held a social ceremony for the teaching staff in the department in honor and appreciation of their efforts towards the department and students.
- The Department of Public Administration has also held twenty-two scientific seminars with the participation of all members of the teaching staff in various international and administrative fields such as administrative leadership, marketing, statistics, and management information systems.
- The faculty members have published numerous scientific papers and books in various scientific journals indexed in high ranking databases such as Scopes and Thomson Reuters.
- The lecturers of the department have also participated in many scientific conferences held inside and outside Iraq.
- The Head of the Public Administration Department co-founded a joint research center between the Department of Public Administration at the university and the Research Center of the Parliament of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq to benefit from the scientific and academic experiences of the two sides and the exchange of research expertise and proficiency.
These activities can help to serve as a guide to design and develop future programs and plans for the Department of Public Administration at Cihan University – Erbil.