The Department of International Relations and Diplomacy is regarded as one of the vital departments of Cihan University – Erbil. The Department is developing a conscious and academic generation who will be capable of serving the community and the government alike. During the current academic year, the Department has carried out many activities that raise the educational and intellectual level of the students and increase their experience in their major. The most important activities are summarized in the following points:
– In cooperation with the Human Rights Office of the United Nations, the department held a short festival on human rights at the university in the form of a short film, as well as students’ visits to the Office.
– Coordination with the Federal Communications and Information Commission at the request of the representative of the Commission in the province of Kirkuk in order to benefit from the University in the launch of the initiative (Da’m – Support) national affiliated to the Commission in the Kurdistan region, which is scheduled to start in the next academic year (2019 – 2020).
– as well as the participation of Some students of the department participated at the Scientific Forum of Polytechnic University.
– Faculty and students’ participation in the blood donation campaign for patients with thalassemia in the Blood Bank in Erbil.
– A group of students and the staff participated in a charity activity with Barzani Charity Foundation to distribute food and physical help to a group of poor families in Erbil.