Under the auspices of Dr. Yousif Kouran, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research in the Kurdistan Regional Government, the second international scientific conference for administrative and financial sciences was held on Wednesday, 27/6/2018 in the conferences hall of Cihan University – Erbil with the presence of the Minister Representative, researchers and academic personalities from outside and inside Iraq ,Dr. Nawzad Yahya Bajkar, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the University of Cihan, Dr. Amjad Saber Dalawi, President of the University of Cihan ,all the Heads and faculty of the university departments , and employees and staff of the university.
The first day of the conference:
The opening began with a minute of silence for the martyrs’ lives, followed by speeches of the gentlemen below
1-The welcome speech delivered by Dr. Amjad Saber Al-Dalawi, President of the University of Cihan-Erbil, as follows: At the beginning, I would like to extend my warm welcome to our distinguished guests who honored us by attending and participating in the work of our Conference, the Second International Scientific Conference on Administrative and Financial Sciences at the CIC-ADFIS`18, those who endured the trouble of traveling from far countries from outside Iraq or those who attended and participated from the different governorates of the provinces of the Kurdistan Region and Iraq.
Dear brothers and sisters … Twelve years of the age of the University of Cihan-Erbil characterized by carrying new things every year starting from 2007, which is the year of the founding of the university and planting the first seed,that began in three sections of science, then through quickly increasing motivation and efforts, continued to work hard to reach today, in 2018 , 21 specialized scientific sections. This cumulative scientific effort is the result of hard work and continuous efforts of a group of the finest academics who have been attracted by the University of Cihan-Erbil to assume the academic responsibility towards more than five thousand students representing a large family called “University of Cihan-Erbil. And we are now proud of it as becoming a shining lighthouse in the process of higher education, development, creativity, thinking and success, as our university is keen to develop its vision and mission continuously and to develop its plans and programs in line with the needs of local, Arab and international markets. Trained competencies and up to the requirements of the time are economic tools that generate economic activity and wealth and a human and knowledgeable asset that contributes to the development of national and international societies.
Dear Sirs, As you know, the scientific research and education of talented academics is one of the distinctive and pressing objectives of universities. In light of this, the University of Ceyhan-Erbil seeks to achieve a national and international reputation, and to establish a high profile among the universities through the development of a strategy that addresses the requirements of scientific advancement to meet the needs of the future and at this stage accompany serious dialogue, scientific research and the attraction of universities And the active movement to adjust the course towards the quality of education and the requirements of society, and to link higher education with the real needs of development .Moreover, the National University Assessment (NUR) adopted by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq strongly affirms the trend towards the adoption of international standards, which has become the annual national standard for universities to raise the level and location of their universities within the universities in the region.
In response to these changes at the level of the annual national assessment in this academic year 2017-2018, the University of Cihan-Erbil has adopted a new strategy by establishing strong foundations of academic and professional cooperation with a group of prestigious and leading universities in various countries and is keen to host specialized international conferences In particular scientific fields and inviting international researchers in science, engineering, humanities and social sciences. The aim of these conferences is to share and exchange global research activities and conclusions and build the capacities through the exchange of science, knowledge and discussing the Problems of mutual interest between international academics and local specialists in the same field.
The organization of the Second International Scientific Conference for Administrative and Financial Sciences at the University of Cihan-Erbil ,and with this kind of research and researchers representing different universities around the world, confirms the seriousness of the path of this university and adds another advantage which is the serious contribution to the global scientific research. 125 papers were submitted to the conference, 82 were rejected, 39 were rejected and 4 were excluded because they did not conform to the terms and conditions of the conference.
Achieving the goal is necessary and urgent and maintaining it is the most important and can not be achieved except in the effort and perseverance at all levels and the benefit of time and methodology and dialogue in academic subjects, whether in the halls or seminars or conferences. Hence, the University of Ceyhan-Erbil confirms that it will remain very keen to keep abreast of the latest international academic developments, and to connect with the edges of science and globally advanced technology, so that it will always remain a guiding light, radiating science and virtue, providing life and society with the human capable of building the nation, its service and development, and achieving the ambition of its people. The University also provides support and opportunities for all students and teaching staff to obtain the highest levels of science and knowledge for a better career and to be a university in the ranks of international universities, which always aspires to raise the scientific level of the student.
In conclusion, I would like to extend my sincere thanks and appreciation to the organizers of the conference and faculty members of the University of Cihan-Erbil for their efforts to hold this conference with the required elegance to suit our distinguished guests. I would also like to welcome you again with all pride and to express my deep appreciation for your attendance to participate and support the activities of this conference. Calling on God Almighty to crown the efforts of the organizers of this important international scientific conference with more conciliation and payment …, wishing participants to make the most of this special meeting.
2-Speech of Dr. Nawzad Yahya Badjkar, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Cihan Universities
3 – Speech of Dr. Mohamed Alklari, Representative of the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research Then Dr. Abbas Fadhel, the first session chairman, accompanied by Prof. Omid Hussein, the session’s rapporteur
, opened the first session of the conference, followed by a lecture by Dr. Jay Joseph on the( Academic research and promotion of our collective worldview). The participants then asked their questions and gave their observations and comments. Questions were answered and then the participants took a rest and saw the exhibition which was dedicated to the works of students of the University of Cihan – Erbil and then they moved to the halls dedicated to the presentation of researches and discusstion of the themes of the conference.
At 3 pm, participants stopped their discussions for lunch and then returned to complete the discussions
which last for two days. The recommendations are read on the second day after the completion of the discussion of all the researches and the registration of views on Thursday, 28/6/2018.Certificates are distributed to the participants at the end of the conference. It is worth mentioning that this conference has received 125 research papers, 82 of which were accepted, 39 were rejected and 4 did not meet the conditions of the conference. After the participants were distributed to the halls of the university to discuss the themes of the conference, we tried to meet some researchers to give us a brief description of their researches and their impression of the conference. The interviews were as follows:
The first meeting was with Dr. Adel Mohammed Abdullah from the Faculty of Management and Economics/ Department of Management ,the University of Mosul, saying: I participated in this conference with a research entitled (The impact of the elements of the business model in the strategy of green marketing – an analytical study) where I conducted the research on a group of hospitals in Mosul .Regarding his impression on the conference , he said: “I thank Cihan University – Erbil for providing us with the opportunity to present our researches and we also thank them for the good reception, hospitality and good organization, especially the university’s use of modern technologies in communicating with the researchers. I was also impressed by the method of selecting the researches. This indicates the experience of the committee of receiving and evaluating the researches at the university and I wish the university continues in holding these conferences and that these researches will be beneficial for the Iraqi people.
Then we moved to another room and interviewed another researcher, (Bilal Tawfiq Younis) Master in Industrial Management – University of Mosul. The researcher talked about his saying: ‘’The name of the research is (The social capital and its role in the success of the pilot approach – exploratory study)’’. The research was conducted on a group of companies, including a group of companies in the Kurdistan Region. He then added: “This conference is very important because it has collected the best researchers from inside and outside Iraq, and it is one of the conferences that raised my admiration for the good organization and hospitality and the quality of the personalities invited to the conference from inside and outside the country.I wish that the University of Cihan-Erbil continues in holding these conferences as it demonstrated and proved to be a prestigious university and has a great deal of experience. It is now the pride and pride of Iraqi researchers. I thank the university staff for all their services and facilities and wish them continuous success.
In another hall we met with the researcher (Halim Ismail Shinta), a specialist in Accounting from the University of Mustansiriya and Ms. (Wadad Musa Mohammed) Lecturer at the University of Baghdad who participated in a joint research entitled “Electronic management and its advantages and functions and stages of application – Exploration) .At the beginning, Mr. Halim spoke about the idea of the research and said: The aim of the research was to demonstrate the importance of electronic management in reducing the routine and researcher, Wadad Mousa, said that we conducted the research in the Social Welfare Department of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs,waiting for their transactions to be finished, and here we recognized the importance of using electronic technologies in facilitating the affairs of citizens and how the government will benefit from the use of this technology to reduce pressure on the circuits .As for their impression on the conference, Mr. Halim said: “In fact, I was very impressed with the reception and hospitality in addition to the good organization and procedure of selecting the researches.” The University of Cihan-Erbil proved that it deserves to be the first on the universities of Kurdistan and the second on the universities of Iraq. I thank them for organizing the conference and hope these conferences continue in the future .On her part,Ms. Wadad Mousa expressed her admiration for the hospitality and organization of the conference and the accuracy of its dates. She also expressed her admiration for the scientific expertise in the university. She concluded her speech and said that the University of Cihan – Erbil is ‘’an integrated university and I hope it becomes among the international universities and be a distinguished source for science and knowledge.
The Second Day of the ConferenceOn the second day of the conference, 28/6/2018, the eight research groups continued their work to complete the discussion of the conference themes and writing the recommendations. The work was hard, but it was fruitful. After many hours of discussion, the groups completed their work and finished drafting and completing the recommendations. Everyone gathered in the university conference hall and the final steps for the end of the conference started as follows:
- Reading the final statement of the Second International Scientific Conference of Administrative and Financial Sciences by Dr. Mowaffaq Ahmed Ali, the General Coordinator of the Conference. Which contained:
First: General Recommendations:
- To develop legislations and laws regulating various economic activities so that these laws become supportive to economic and social development.
- As we live in the third millennium where the revolution of communication and information, it is necessary to develop the information technology infrastructure with its different dimensions (networks, systems, software) and use it in the best way that achieves the increase and discrimination in the business world.
Second: Special Recommendations:
- Adopting the strategy of continuous improvement of systems and processes to improve the institutional performance of all organizations.
- Supporting sustainable growth and institutional efficiency of all dimensions as one of the tools of competitive feature at the level of organizations or the national economy.
- Using financial decentralization as a method of democratic government and fighting corruption.
- Enhancing the role of knowledge management and knowledge creation to promote all activities carried out by business organizations.
- Paying attention to human capital as the main pillar in developing performance and achieving effectiveness and efficiency in achievement at the level of organizations.
- Expanding the use of electronic marketing of goods and services as a guarantee to obtain a large share in the national and international markets.
- Applying the principles and strategies of overall quality management to all activities in business organizations to achieve high levels of accomplishment.
- Expansion in the use of modern software when preparing the overall budget to ensure accuracy and speed in recording and processing accounting data.
- Expansion in the application of international standards in accounting to reduce financial and administrative corruption
- Applying value engineering and using it as a tool to reduce costs in production projects.
- Achieving environmental sustainability as an indispensable necessity, and ensuring that sustainability requires an expansion in the use of environmental accounting as a guarantor of this sustainability.
- Combining the principle of historical cost and fair value as a reliable basis to ensure quality of financial reports.
- Working on the deployment and use of parallel performance card as a tool to maximize profitability and improve the competitive position of business organizations.
- Using the budget of the programs and performance as basis for governance and financial control to reduce the risk of financial corruption.
- Expanding the use of information technology to develop financial coverage.
- Using electronic marketing applications to ensure the establishment of banking services.
- Diversification of the investment portfolio in the insurance sector in Iraq through the expansion of investments in different economic sectors and the construction of investment strategies based on the relative importance of the benefits of investment.
- Designing economic policies that support sustainable growth and aim at diversifying the productive structure of the economy of the region in particular and the Iraqi economy in general.
- Creating an attractive investment environment for local investors and foreigners.
- Enhancing the capacity to cover the public debt through the establishment of a public debt compensation account in which any increase in the price of oil is placed in the international market.
- Supporting the government’s efforts to implement financial control measures through the control of the current agreement and effective financial agreement.
- The financial coverage of the two pillars (vertical and horizontal) is the cornerstone of financial sustainability and due to the weakness of financial coverage in the Region and Iraq, the banking system, headed by the Central Bank, must lay down the necessary rules and procedures to achieve this.
Second: Mechanisms for implementing the recommendation
Formation committees of follow-up, results and recommendations reached by the conference in coordination with the following beneficiary sectors.
– Ministries in the Region and the federal government
– Public and private production and service institutions.
– Universities and research and studies centers.
In order to benefit from the results of these researches in establishing the policies and programs necessary to improve the welfare of the community.
1- Dr. Nawzad Yahya Bajkar, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Cihan Universities on the occasion of ending works of the conference
2 – The end of the conference speech by Dr. Amjad Saber Al-Dalawi, President of Cihan University – Erbil
3- The speech of Prof. Dr. Saeed Ali Al Obeidi on behalf of the participants of the conference
In appreciation of the efforts of the researchers and as an initiative and a scientific step from the University of Cihan – Erbil, the University of Cihan – Erbil decided to form (Iraqi researchers Association) to be the tent that brings together all researchers of all parts of Iraq and thus the university registered again in its record another glory and prove to all that the University of Cihan – Erbil is a remarkable source of science and knowledge in word and deed and it really wants to add something to science and scientific research in Iraq, the Region and the world.