Welcome to The International Relations Office
The Office of International relations collaborates with faculty throughout the university on the enhancement and support of partnership with institutions overseas; the induction of chance for students and teaching staff to participate in different scientific activities abroad through a combination of organization, bilateral exchanges, and faculty-led programs. Furthermore, the office continuously collaborates with Cihan staff and departments to educate the campus community on the needs our students and international staff. The mission of the Office of International relation is to create and lead overall internationalization program at Cihan University-Erbil (CU) that includes all areas of the University and provides for a diverse, supportive, and sustainable global campus culture.
Academic Services is at the corner stone of education and research at (CU). The office supports the development and delivery of a range of activities throughout the staff and student lifecycles and provides advice, enabling them to undertake their responsibilities effectively.
Additionally, we seek to deliver on a range of transformational projects across the university; ensuring that the activities of the university are conducted in accordance with the university’s own procedures and regulations and in compliance with external legislative requirements.
The International Relations Office (IRO) participates in the implementation of the Cihan University's policy concerning international cooperation.
- Supporting activities related to initiating and coordinating international cooperation of CU with universities and research institutions at the university level around the world;
- Preparing bilateral agreements(MOU/MOA) on scientific cooperation realized at the university level;
- Organizing trainings and meetings for international relations officers from partner universities around the world;
- Providing support to CU units interesting in signing cooperation agreements on faculty and institute level;
- Maintaining the database of CU bilateral agreements with international universities and research institutions;
- Coordinating exchange within bilateral agreements at the university level and providing administrative assistance to CU staff and students;
- Administering the president's Committee for bilateral grants for students and Ph.D. candidates;
- Coordinating and registering ERASMUS+ agreements (KA1 Mobility for learners and staff) and administrative assistance to staff mobility,
- Collaborating with CU units concerning rankings, and international cooperation;
- Collaborating with CU units concerning the realization of bilateral exchange of students/PhD candidates at the university level;
- Preparing the IRO's distribution list (information about various grants, summer schools, conferences and scientific events);
- Reporting on international co-operation.
News & Activities
Cihan University - Erbil announces about available job opportunities...
All Cihan university teaching staff and students: Cihan...
On Tuesday the 6th of October 2018, Cihan University...
On Thursday the 9th of September 2018, Cihan University...
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Cihan University – Erbil and Charmo University –Chamchamal
Cihan university – Erbil, represented by its president Prof....
In response to an invitation from UNESCO, on 18/8/2018...