Civil engineering Department implement a social project with Pekawa humanitarian and environmental development organization to monitoring water quality, one of UNICEF programs to support Iraqi Cities.
Water quality and wastewater monitoring are fundamental tools in the management of freshwater resources and they provide essential information characterizing the physical, chemical and/or biological status of water resources, determining trends and changes over time, and identifying emerging water quality issues. Students and faculties members works to provide the following
- data on freshwater quality to support scientific assessments and decision-making. work Should falls into three categories:
- Managing water data
- Developing monitoring capacity
- Assessing freshwater quality
- Improved water quality and wastewater monitoring will be essential in evaluating progress towards the achievement of SDG targets on water quality and wastewater
- Rais awareness about Water usage to improve of environmental conditions, water quality management and decisions.
The project starts by 29. March. 2021, by singing a MOU with Pekawa Humanitarian And Environmental Development Organization To Monitoring Water Quality.