Cihan University-Erbil was founded in 2007 as the first private university in Kurdistan Region and Iraq. The university has gained good reputation for its development quantitatively and qualitatively during the last years. Thousands of students graduated from this university and now they build and lead the society as well as they have active and decisive role in managing governmental and nongovernmental institutes.
Cihan University-Erbil looks to the future in a broader perspective. Accordingly, along with increasing the number of its colleges, the university attempts to develop and renovate curriculum and educational programs, provide an academic environment to promote various fields of science and knowledge, and conduct scientific research aimed at solving problems based on the needs of our community.
In the field of medicine and health, Cihan University has two colleges of health technology and science with 7 departments, including Medical Microbiology, Biomedicine, Physiotherapy, Medical Biochemical Analysis, Community Health, Nutrition and Dietetics and Medical Laboratory Science. The University continuously makes efforts to establish a medical college and some other science departments in the field of medicine and health. The Cihan Teaching Hospital will be an important infrastructure for these scientific departments.
The strategic plan of Cihan University-Erbil in the field of medicine and health
- Providing profound medical knowledge through professional education
- Developing a system of scientific research and invention
- Promoting social responsibility in community
- Establishing university values and developing the capabilities of its employees
- Creating a strong learning environment at university
- Building a strong and modern system of managing health institutions
The major functions of the University in the fields of health and medicine:
- Paying attention to development and supporting educational plans and programs to improve the quality of education
- Preparing committed medical professionals in various medical and health expertise to meet the needs of the society
- Conducting high-level and original scientific researches related to the environmental and health problems of the community in order to achieve appropriate and practical solutions.
- Encouraging doing research in various fields of medicine and health
- Organizing vocational training courses in different specialists.
- providing favorable environment and laboratories to promote the training programs in hospitals Enhancing the quality of providing health supervision and of evaluating it in the best way
Cihan Teaching Hospital is going to be built at the campus of Cihan University-Erbil on an area of 44,000,350 sq. m, and green space of 11,087 sq. m. meters, as well as 14 floors and an underground floor dedicated for car parking which accommodates 385 cars at a given duration of time. The other floors are divided into medical facilities, the patient’s room floor, and a floor for special technical issues. The hospital has 6 main entrance gates and there will be a special gate for the students of the medical, health, and scientific departments of Cihan University -Erbil in order to go directly to the hospital from the university
Cihan Teaching Hospital will be a 250-bed hospital with 13 surgical halls, a large medical laboratory center and several other laboratories for analyzing and identifying diseases. Cihan University-Erbil students from different stages of medicine and health departments are going to learn most of their theoretical and practical courses of at the hospital. They are taught and trained within the framework of their future working environment and their scientific skills will be developed in the same way.