The Notable Activity of Architectural Engineering Department / Cihan University- Erbil for the Academic Year 2018-2019
Architectural Engineering Department in Cihan University-Erbil is one of the distinctive pillars in the region and the country in terms of the academic teaching quality that is provided within the specialization as well as the related specialties. The teaching staff in the department works on building a generation of architects who are professionally capable and able to complete their higher studies through scientific activities and encouragement in the theoretical and practical approaches within the years of study. The scientific and practical activities of the Architectural Engineering Department in the academic year 2018-2019 were as follows:
1. Scientific visits: Architectural Engineering Department in Cihan University-Erbil provides the opportunity to deal with the actual and realistic projects through scientific visits for actual projects or selected possible sites for the proposed projects. It also includes visits to any facility or gallery that could be useful for the students. These visits during the academic year 2018-2019 included the following sites:
• Visit of the first-year students to the University Library on Thursday, 11/4/2019: as part of their study of the subject of free drawing under the supervision of assistant lecturer Musab Sami Younis. • A scientific visit for the 4th year students on 20/02/2019 within the course of “Landscape Design” for three locations in Erbil city: o The first location on Baharka road in front of the Lebanese village. o The second location in Manara Park. o The third site in Park Sami Abdulrahman.
• A scientific visit for the 5th Year students within the courses of “urban design II” and “building rehabilitation” on Sunday, October 28, 2018, for Baharka road and Khanaqa neighborhood in Erbil city.
• Site visit for the 3rd Year students on Monday, November 1, 2018, for residential complexes in the Erbil city.
• Scientific visit – and site visit – for the 2nd year students within the course of “architectural design II” on Sunday 28/10/2019 to the city of Dubai in Erbil and Salahaddin Road.
• A scientific visit to Rizgari Teaching Hospital in Erbil for the 4th year students as part of “architectural design VI” on Thursday 8/11/2018.
• A field visit to the students of the fourth year within the “urban design I” course on 17/2/2019 for two sites on the Baharka road.
2. Academic workshops and exhibitions: • Setting up a book fair in coordination with the Lebanese (Encyclopedia Publishing House) which is specialized in the fields of architecture, design, and arts from 7-9 / 5/2019.
• Arranging a Workshop and Gallery entitled “Architecture in History” from 12-14 / 5/2019: by the teaching staff members for the history of architecture courses and a gallery for students’ works.
• Arranging a workshop on “How Architectural Demonstration Works within Three Hours Only” for the days of 14-16 / 5/2019 by assistant Lecturer Musab Sami.
3. Final project submission exhibitions for practical projects of architectural design, urban design, interior design and landscape design at the end of each semester where the final projects are presented with a distinguished architectural presentation.