The preparation of qualified graduates in their field of specialization and the development of teaching staff and the educational process is the goal that the Department of Communication and Computer Engineering – Cihan University / Erbil to achieve on the ground continuously through many scientific and practical activities during the university year under the supervision and implementation of teaching staff and participation Students of the Department of Communication and Computer Engineering for the purpose of raising the scientific level of students and the level of technological awareness of the community … In this regard, the scientific and practical activities of the Department of Communication and Computer Engineering for the academic year 2018-2019 as follows:
- Perform a number of scientific trips to science and technology exhibitions to identify the field of application of their future specialties.
- Perform a number of scientific and cultural trips to Bairdawood Power Station, Korek Communication Company, Kurdistan satellite channel 24 and Zain Telecommunications Company in order to increase their awareness and knowledge of the techniques used and how to use them compared to the subjects and to know their engineering future after graduation and style. In both Research and applied work, and in the various government works or giant companies of technology, which are accredited in the region.
- The establishment of multiple seminars in the presence of teachers and students in various subjects affecting the curriculum and developments in it.
- The teachers also solve examples and study exercises in groups to increase their awareness in the team work and the consolidation of scientific material in them.
- An important part of the department’s initiatives is to identify the students’ athletic potential. The Department periodically established friendly matches (football) for students on a regular basis at the university level and level. With the participation of friendly games between students and teachers. They have been classified as priority and awarded them valuable prizes to celebrate their victory and encourage them to increase the athletic and mental tender in all activities.
- The department’s distinguished initiatives are to follow up graduate students from the department for previous years and provide them with scientific and moral support for students who continue their higher studies abroad and also support students who have been appointed in the government sector or the leading civil society companies in the technology department.
- obtaining the first place in the Youth Swimming Championships by one of the students of the fourth stage.